Truck Company 81 (Truck 81) is the secondary fire truck assigned to Firehouse 51. The original rig is a 1996 Seagrave Marauder It is equipped with a 100' rear-mount ladder, space for other equipment and seating for up to eight firefighters. The truck is staffed by 4-5 firefighters
In Season 3, Just Drive the Truck, the rig is "supposedly" written off in the collision with Truck 66 and the guys get a "new rig". They actually got an older version of the CFDs ladder truck.
In S08E13, Truck 81 received a new apparatus. The replacement rig to the 1996 Seagrave is a used 1990 Spartan Gladiator from the La Grange Park (IL) Fire Department. The "new" rig is configured as a 'quint' (pumper/aerial combination) and is equipped with a 1250 gallon-per-minute (GPM) pump, 200-gallon water tank, and a 110-foot aerial ladder. It was repainted into the traditional CFD paint scheme for the show.
- Officer - Captain Matthew Casey
- Engineer/Driver - Stella Kidd
- Firefighter - Randy McHolland
- Firefighter - Blake Gallo
Previous Members Edit
- Andrew Darden - Deceased, killed in the line of duty.
- Jose Vargas - Transferred to Squad 3, later placed on long term disability.
- Peter Mills - Transferred to Squad 3, currently resigned from the CFD.
- Rebecca Jones - Deceased, committed suicide.
- Joe Cruz- Transferred to Squad 3.
- Jimmy Borrelli - Transferred to Ambulance 61 because of manpower, then returned. Later placed on long term disability.
- Gabriela Dawson - Transferred to Ambulance 61 because of manpower, went to Puerto Rico.
- Christopher Herrmann - Promoted to Lieutenant assigned to Engine 51
- Brian Zvonecek - Deceased, killed in the line of duty.
- Darren Ritter - Temporary replacement for Brian Zvonecek after his death.
- Jake Cordova - Temporary replacement for Brian Zvonecek after he was shot.