Jesse Gordon Spencer(born February 12,1979) is an Australian actor and musician. He is best known for his roles as Billy Kennedy on the Australian soap opera Neighbours, Dr. Robert Chase on the American medical drama House. Since 2012, Spencer has portrayed Lt. Matthew Casey on the American NBC drama Chicago Fire.
Spencer was born in Melbourne. Growing up, he supported AFL team Western Bulldogs whilst attending Canterbury Primary School, Malvern Central School, and the private Scotch College. While there, he auditioned for the long-running soap opera Neighbours. He completed his VCE and had gained a place at Monash University but deferred to pursue acting.
Spencer began his musical career with the Australian Boys Choir, performing with them from 1986 to 1992. He plays the violin in Band from TV, a group which includes his former House co-star Hugh Laurie. They play at various events, giving the money they earn to the different charities. The band played on Idol Gives Back in April 2008.
Spencer starred as Billy Kennedy in the Australian soap opera Neighbours from 1994 to 2000. He later reprised his role in 2005, in an episode celebrating the show's 20th anniversary. He has since co-starred in films such as Winning London, Uptown Girls and Swimming Upstream. From 2004 to 2012, he starred as Dr. Robert Chase on the Fox medical drama House. He played Chase for the show's entire run, becoming the second longest-serving member of the title character's team.
Lead roles in U.K. theatre have included playing Terrence in "The Modernists," directed by Robert Delamare at the Sheffield Crucible Theatre, and the title role in "Peter Pan" at the White Rock Theatre.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Spencer's height is 5' 10" (1.78 m).
- Spencer currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Spencer has two older brothers and a younger sister.
- He was in the Australian Boys Choir.
- Specncer has played the violin since the age of 10. And also plays the guitar, the bass, and the piano.
- Spencer sang the song "Molly Smiles" on the Uptown Girls (2003) soundtrack.
- Spencer was engaged to House (2004) co-star Jennifer Morrison. The engagement ended August 15, 2007.
- Spencer is fluent in French.
- Spencer was mentioned the 2007 In People's 100 Most Beautiful People issue.