Engine Company 51 (commonly called Engine 51) is the primary firefighting apparatus assigned to Firehouse 51. It is a pumper and carries water and a compliment of hoses and other equipment used in fire suppression.
Engine 51 is a 1995 Spartan Metro Star / Luverne pumper with a 1500 US gpm pump and a 500 US gallon water tank. It bears the traditional black-over-red color scheme of the Chicago Fire Department.
- Company Officer - Lieutenant Christopher Herrmann
- Engineer - Mike Doherty
- Firefighter - Clarence Norwood
- Firefighter - Kaufman
- Firefighter - Jesse
- Firefighter Candidate - Darren Ritter
- Lieutenant Spellman - Transferred from Firehouse 33, transferred out because he was feeding information about 51 to Gail McLeod.
- Lieutenant George Didrikson - Retired in episode "Thirty Percent Sleight Of Hand".
- Firefighter Barnes - Transferred out by Lt. Hermann due to insubordination.